I set this up so that I can ramble on about my lead (and plastic) mountain, my endless gaming, miniature, and terrain projects, and other

insights into various games.



You'll find lots of 'pretty pictures', various modeling techniques, and hopefully some inspiration for your own lead pile. You're bound to

find something amongst my games and photos that interests you.



Sit back, open a cold one, and enjoy.


If you need something, feel free to contact me at: dglennjr at yah00 dot com









Saturday, December 24, 2011

Car Wars: Florida Memorial Penal Arena

I'm a big fan of Car Wars and it was the first 'war game' I ever played. (Look for my name inside the Car Wars East Coast Atlas.)

I created a great scenario for conventions revolving around a penal arena.  Convicted convicts are given a chance for freedom by auto-duelling in the arena.  The winner gets a pardon and his freedom.

Of course, I don't do anything small, so we play at 300% of the standard Car Wars scale, using 3D, 20mm (1/72nd) cars and figures. (As opposed to the 1/2"x1" flat counters on a 1/2" grid map.)  Here are some pics of a recent match. 
The Florida Memorial Penal Arena 

 The line-up of available vehicles.

 The battle has begun.

 More battle goodness.

 Sedans with rockets and MG's.  Each vehicle is mounted on a 1 1/2" x 3" foam core base.  Makes movement a lot easier with the turning key. (see below)

 Pickups with turreted Mini-guns and MG's on the hood.

 Sedans with roof mounted HVY rockets and rocket launcher on the hood.

 Sedans with a turreted recoilless rifle on the roof.

 Mighty mini-vans with micro-missile launcher to the sides and an Auto-cannon on the hood.
"Look, it's Mom's taxi on steroids!"
These are the left and right turning keys (templates) that we use for the 300% game. (for scale reference, that inside 'L' shape is 3" x 6".)

No comments:

Post a Comment